Hello Sports Fans!
After a very successful trip out East to the Canadian
Maritimes with a total of 5,400 kms over the 2 weeks I was away, the odometer
passed 70,000 kms necessitating the need for an "A" service at my
local dealer, Stratford Subaru.
The "A" service is essentially an oil and filter
change with inspections of:
- tires,
- differential fluid levels (changed just prior to the
trip),
- Inspections of lights and horn,
- belts and belt tension,
- CV boots and suspension components.
The Red Mist performed flawlessly the entire trip and there
was is not mechanical or electronic snags.
The only gripe I have is a small amount of damage to the
left-rear rim sustained in Halifax near a cemetery I was visiting as part of my
research for my blog about the 18th Battalion, Canadian Expeditionary
Force (World War 1).
My gas mileage is averaging just above 40 miles-per-gallon
(Imperial) and I have been so pleased as this has been at an average speed of
105 km/h.
The only real snag has been the Infotainment system. Though
minor, the system has glitched were it won't take a command to send a text to a
person, or it takes the voice recognized text and replay it and then says it
cannot complete the process.
Typically, the next day after shutting off the car, everything is back to normal and works fine,
This minor irritant is so much better that when I first got
the car and the Infotainment system would be slow and sometimes completely
unresponsive. It looks like Subaru has updated the software so it works much
more reliably and faster than it did when the Red Mist was new.
I suspect the issues are related to Google and Gemini AI. I
really find the incorporation of AI into the Infotainment system as unnecessary.
I am currently using the dealership for all the service requirements during the warranty period, and I do double up on my oil changes.
Buy the way, there has been no noticeable oil consumption during the trip.
The Red Mist keeps trucking on, giving safe, reliable transportation while being eminently fun to drive.
Remember to keep the rubber on the right side of your vehicle. Drive safely and practice the Subaru Salute.



No comments:
Post a Comment