Tuesday, September 3, 2024

Mount Washington!: A Life-Long Dream Realized.

Sports Fans!

Today was a realization of a long-time dream.

I have always wanted to go to Mount Washington in New Hampshire. Today I realized that dream.

The drive up the mountain appeared more harrowing than I realized and it took a bit of calming Mozart to help me deal with the unguarded road that did not fall off sheer cliffs but would have resulted in rolling a long way down the mountain before you hit the tree line.

I was unsure I would be able to drive down but it turns out that driving DOWN the mountain on the narrow switch-backed road was easier than going up.

I met a nice couple from Massachusetts who had been there three times and they confirmed that they felt the same way.

The photographs do not do the experience justice.




















No comments:

Post a Comment

A Service or "How did I put on 72,000 KMs in just over 2 years?"

 Hello Sports Fans! After a very successful trip out East to the Canadian Maritimes with a total of 5,400 kms over the 2 weeks I was away,...