Wednesday, September 11, 2024

The Long Way Round

 It has been several days since my return home, and the memory of the recent trip is still strong. Many adventures over many miles. The Mist and I visited the states of New York, Vermont, Maine, and New Hampshire, as well as the provinces of New Brunswick and Nova Scotia.

Fort Erie

The following table summarizes some of the stats the Mist experienced during her inaugural trip to the Maritimes.


A total of 5, 138.2 km consuming 400.7 litres of gas costing $549.00. An average speed of 67.3 kms/h consuming 8.0 litres of fuel per 100 km over an estimated drive time (including stops and side trips) of 71.5 hours.

The Average L/100 KM estimates were recorded from the Subaru's trip computer and it is quite accurate (7.8 realized compared to 8.0 recorded) and translates to 30.1 miles per gallon.

Overall I am pleased with the gas economy. Compared to my previous car, a 2012 Hyundai Accent, it is lower because the Subaru is All Wheel Drive, and has a larger engine with more horsepower. Note that some spirited driving and a lot of hilly terrain would impact the overall fuel economy.

Oil consumption was marginal and the car performed flawlessly. I will cover my driving impressions in the next blog post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Service or "How did I put on 72,000 KMs in just over 2 years?"

 Hello Sports Fans! After a very successful trip out East to the Canadian Maritimes with a total of 5,400 kms over the 2 weeks I was away,...